5 Minute Pumpkin Chia Breakfast Cake
This is one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes. I make several variations, including a lemon chia seed and cinnamon almond version. Keep an eye for these coming up on the blog. I love it because it only takes 5-minutes to make and keeps me satisfied all morning.
5-Minute Pumpkin Breakfast cake
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- Greek yogurt
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- sprinkle cinnamon
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts
- nut butter
- For one cake, whisk together all the ingredients, then pour into a flat-bottomed bowl or dish, about the size of a cereal bowl (i.e. holds about 1-1.5 cups). Any microwave-safe bowl will work. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Note: To save yourself from cleaning another dish, you can microwave it right in the bowl you used to mix the ingredients.
- Top each cake with delicious goodies of choice.