Goat Cheese Herb Frittata
Frittatas are one of the greatest inventions for make-ahead breakfast. They are also a perfect, protein-packed snack for mid-morning, or second breakfast as we often call it ;) This goat cheese herb version is to die for! Rest assured there will be more frittata variations on the blog in the future. We can't get enough!
Goat Cheese herb frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale, destemmed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the upper third of oven.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add the onion; cook, stirring often, until soft and browning, ~3 min.
- Add 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, continue to brown for a minute, then add the kale. Continue cooking ~2-3 min., until onions & kale are soft, then turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, 2 tbsp goat cheese, fresh herbs (set aside a pinch of each for a garnish), mustard and salt in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture over the veggies in the skillet. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp of goat cheese over the top.
- Bake in oven until set, ~25-30 minutes. Garnish with more herbs.
- Eat immediately and divide the rest into wedges, wrap each in tinfoil or in a to-go container to bring with for a power snack on-the-go.