Blueberry Lavender Chia Jam
Much to my delight, I was recently gifted loads of fresh blueberries and lavender from out-of-town visitors. My brainstorm of what to make ranged from a blueberry lavender tart to a berry herb lemonade, but ultimately with all the travel we are doing this summer, I wanted a recipe that would last for awhile so I landed on Chia Jam.
Chia jam is my favorite way to use the onslaught of summer berries we have available in Oregon and it only takes 10 minutes to make! I use chia jam in overnight oats, on rice cakes with ricotta cheese and to make the classic PB&J sandwich feel gourmet when I'm out hiking.
If you don't have lavender, just omit. This recipe will work with any berries you have on hand.
Blueberry lavender chia jam
- 4 cups blueberries (or any berries you have on hand)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 Tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp lavender (optional)
- Place berries, lemon juice and honey in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir every few minutes until berries are nice and juicy (~10 minutes).
- Use immersion blender to mash up berries, leaving some texture (you can also do this with a fork, but it will take longer).
- Remove from heat, stir in chia seeds and lavender if using.
- Store in glass container in the fridge.
How to use up all of your leftover herbs and greens at the end of the week. An easy template so you can use whatever you have on hand.
It’s never too early for pumpkin season with these easy cookies.
Delicious whole wheat banana muffins packed with milk boosting ingredients!
The secret ingredient here is a rotisserie chicken which makes this recipe super easy to make!
This easy meal makes a great weeknight dinner and even better leftovers!
A life-saver recipe a mama who wants to eat healthfully, doesn’t have all day to spend in the kitchen and has picky little ones to feed.
These wraps are your solution for getting the whole family eating a healthy breakfast.
Dates and collagen protein are the stars of this recipe. Find out why they make this recipe perfect for third trimester and postpartum.
Packed with greens, fiber and flavor, this quick n’ easy soup hits the spot any time of year.
The perfect salad to serve with your Valentine’s Day meal.