Lentil Pasta with Spicy Pepita Pesto
There's a lot to love about lentil-pasta.
Not only is it made with 100% real food ingredients (not a bunch of weird additives like so many gluten free products), it's also naturally high in protein, fiber and folate, nutrients mamas (and developing fetuses), need a lot of to grow healthy and strong.
Think of this dish as a superpower prenatal vitamin in the form of real food.
And, seriously, it tastes so good! I have, on numerous occasions, tricked my husband into thinking its "real" pasta.
This recipe is a favorite summer-time weeknight-dinner. It's light fresh, and ready to go in minutes.
You were made for this!
PS For you mama-to-be with PCOS, you'll never miss the gluten or dairy in this meal!
Gluten Free Lentil Pasta with Spicy Dairy-Free Pepita Pesto
- 2 cups dry lentil pasta
- 4 cups kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- Garnish: red chili flakes + extra drizzle of olive oil
Spicy Pepita Pesto (no cheese):
- 4 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Toss in the kale with the hot pasta, then drain immediately. Set aside.
- Combine all the pesto ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Toss the cooked pasta & kale with pesto. Serve warm and garnish with red chili flakes and a healthy drizzle of olive oil.